- Should I Waterproof My Basement From Inside Or Outside?
- Signs Your Basement Needs Waterproofing
- Why Is Your Basement Wet?
- Three Common Mistakes Homeowners Make With A Damp Basement
- Basement Waterproofing Methods
- Interior Waterproofing Your Basement Walls And Basement Floor
- Waterproofing From The Outside
- Basement Waterproofing Tips
- Buy A Dehumidifier
- Choose Waterproof Carpeting Materials
- Apply Waterproof Sealant To Walls And Floor
- Keep Wood Surfaces And Water Separate
- Look For Outdoor Issues
- Turn To The Professionals
Often in basements, you may notice water seepage after heavy rainfall. This phenomenon is caused by cracks in the basement. The problem can be solved with waterproofing. Depending on the basement condition, we are waterproofing basement walls from inside and outside. What method to use will prompt our expert after inspection of the object.
Before we start the work, we calculate an estimate based on the customer’s budget. Our exterior basement waterproofing systems will solve the waterlogging problem, making the room dry and usable.
The main signs that you need waterproofing exterior concrete basement walls include:
- Mold and mildew. This is caused by high levels of moisture in your basement. Even if there are no signs of puddles, walls absorb moisture through micro-cracks in the basement.
- Paint flaking. The paint is peeling from the damp wall. Pink or black spots appear at the peeling site.
- Moisture oozes down the wall. Droplets of water appear on the wall, or the wall feels damp to the touch. Water can enter the wall through the ground or through pipes running under the concrete.
- Brown or black rot like a product of wood rotting on the walls. It can spread along the walls because of high humidity.
- Water is seeping into the basement due to heavy rainfall or the proximity of groundwater.
If you notice one of the above reasons, you need to urgently fix a wet basement using the services of our masters.
If your residential house is situated in a place with frequent floods or a humid climate, you will have a wet basement problem. Only waterproofing outside concrete basement walls can make a difference. Also, if water leaks if the house is located at the foot of a hill, water treatment and a water drainage system development are necessary. Otherwise, after the rain and snow melt, water will accumulate on the site or near the building and penetrate into the basement. It will gradually be creating conditions for the destruction of the building.
We offer the best interior basement waterproofing system with a guarantee on the work done. The company has been in the market for a long time and has extensive experience in designing and installing systems. People who try to fix water leaks on their own, do not listen to the opinion of experts, and often make mistakes:
- They use waterproofing paint on the basement wall, not because the foundation has a porous structure, through which water seeps. The paint prevents moisture from seeping into the basement, but water accumulates inside the foundation, leading to its destruction.
- Bleaching agents are used to eliminating mold on the walls. This material performs well as a sterilizing agent for non-porous material.
- Waterproofing is often confused with drainage. If your basement has a drain, the system performs a preventive measure in case of severe flooding, and crawlspace waterproofing prevents moisture from entering the foundation.
If your cellar is leaking, then contact our company. You will see firsthand what is the best interior basement waterproofing made by the hands of experienced specialists, taking into account modern technologies.
Properly waterproofing exterior basement walls guarantee the creation of a comfortable microclimate indoors without water leakage. Depending on the building, climate and landscape, the specialists may choose internal or external waterproofing.
The foundation of any building is its basement. With time it begins to sag, forming microcracks and cracks through which water leaks. Properly waterproofing basement walls from the outside will help to avoid moisture seepage into the building. If you decide to waterproof your walls, follow the technology, carrying out the work step by step.
First, you should clean all dirt from the surface where the interior basement waterproofing will be done. You can remove paint with a tool: a metal brush, a scraper, a sandblaster.
After removing the coating, wash all the walls well from dust and paint residue, using lukewarm water with a diluted soap solution or dish gel. Afterward, dilute the bleach in water and rinse the surface with the solute. Allow the walls to dry thoroughly.
Apply hydraulic grout and work it all over your walls. This will seal any microcracks that might allow moisture to seep through. Apply the mortar to the wall with a spatula. This is to make sure that the interior waterproofing basement walls are watertight.
If cracks are left after the surfaces have been treated, fill them with filler. We recommend Masonry Crack Filler for good adhesion and resistance to moisture.
The best way to waterproof interior basement walls is to seal doors, windows, and window wells. Use Lexel Sealant or Big Stretch Sealant. They do not let moisture through, are flexible, easy to apply and cure quickly.
After all the previous steps, you can waterproof with DRYLOK Clear Masonry Waterproofer. DRYLOK Clear Masonry Waterproofer is available in grey or white. Used on walls only. It can be applied with a roller or nylon brush in several layers.
To save money on masonry services, diy basement waterproofing from the outside is possible with modern materials and bitumen impregnation. Waterproofing is suitable for all types of foundations. The system consists of drains and gutters, which divert water from the foundation, as well as a special impregnation applied to the surface.
Also, external waterproofing of the basement may include the installation of a window well with a waterproofing membrane and the drainage pipes installation.
Remember, outdoor basement waterproofing helps prolong the life of the building by preventing it from deteriorating due to moisture.
For the best basement waterproofing, you can contact a professional who will do the job quickly and efficiently. To reduce the risk of basement standing water flooding and to eliminate the damp and musty smell inside your basement, don’t forget to ventilate the room and seal windows and doors.
We advise you to buy a dehumidifier in addition to waterproofing the surface. If you want to reduce humidity in your basement and prevent condensation and mold from spreading. Choose a dehumidifier plugged in so that it automatically drains off the humidity as soon as it becomes too high.
If your basement is humid, it is bound to get moldy. If you have made wet basement remediation, it is advisable to use carpeting that does not absorb moisture. Put a waterproof carpet on the floor to create a buffer between the basement and the carpeting.
The best way to waterproof the basement is to apply a sealant to the floor and wall surfaces. Sealing is done with a special cement mortar that penetrates deep into the pores of the surface materials. After that, the walls can be painted in the desired color.
If the basement walls have been in contact with water for a long time, dry rot can appear on the floorboards and support beams. The original source must be eliminated to prevent it from spreading across the surface. Locate all wood shelves away from pipes and floors so that items with condensation do not come into contact with it.
The spread of mold and rot on basement walls is often caused by leaking pipes under the house foundation. So before you start the works, you should check if the pipes are in good condition.
To fix the water in the basement, contact the professionals at our company. We are experienced, licensed, and insured for waterproofing services. Working in the market for more than a year, we know how to make a waterproofing system correctly, focusing on the peculiarities of the climate, type of soil, the features of the building, and other factors.