- What is a Sewage Ejector Pump?
- Why Do I Need a Sewage Ejector Pump?
- Sewage Ejector Pump System Requirements
- How to Choose a Contractor?
Modern houses are most often equipped with above-ground water drainage systems from basements and rooms located under the house. For such cases, this device is considered the most effective.
Installing the perfect one is another challenge. After all, a high-quality device guarantees you the absence of clogging. Therefore, the cost of installing an ejector pump for sewage is justified. About that later.
What is a Sewage Ejector Pump?
The principle of operation of the pump is very similar to the principle of operation in a cesspool. However, unlike the second, rainwater flows into the sewer.
The device is installed in a special tank. This tank must fit into the pit and be below the water level. Pipes through which water is diverted are laid at the required angle. Next, about the mechanism of the action itself, which is quite simple. When the water level in the tank reaches a high value, the pump activates and pumps water from there. And get into the sewer. At a low level, the pump turns off, waiting for the next overflow of the tank with water.
Sewage ejector pump installation costs from $300 to $ 800 dollars in the USA. It all depends on the quality of the equipment. Accordingly, the higher the quality of the device, the more expensive it is. You will also need to hire a professional plumber for sewage pump installation costs so that you are sure of the correctness and quality of the work performed. Plumbers in America usually pay between $45 and $200 an hour. The price depends on the amount of work performed and the severity of the case.
The operation of the device is based on Bernoulli’s law. Its interpretation states that if you divide a pipe into two parts, the pressure in one part drops after inclusion, and this medium can draw the other medium into itself. The pressure of the water becomes greater and travels along a given path.
Why Do I Need a Sewage Ejector Pump?
In the case of a malfunctioning sewage system, water from neighboring houses can easily enter yours. This can lead to constant dampness and the appearance of mold, which is known to be harmful to human health. But don’t worry. A specialized service will offer you the services of qualified craftsmen who will deal with this problem quickly and for a long time.
They will also offer you the installation of the system. With its help, you will be able to remove excess water and impurities from your home forever!
They have different prices, but the highest quality product is worth it accordingly. The cost to install a sewage ejector pump will pay for itself over time.
You need a pump when:
- The pipes are clogged with solid waste.
- There is repeated flooding, and bursting of pipes.
- Sewage and sewage water ends up in the sink in the kitchen or in the bathroom.
- You should always be concerned about your health and well-being first of all because sewage water can contain harmful microorganisms that can cause nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Unsanitary conditions will significantly spoil your life.
Sewage Ejector Pump System Requirements
The pump must be installed according to the requirements described in the following text to ensure proper and long-term operation of the system. The main requirements for installing a sewage pump in a tank:
- Use the pump according to its values in the technical specifications for operation.
- The tank should be 18 inches in diameter and 24 inches deep.
- The tank must be properly dug to drain the required amount of water.
This type of pumping device consists of the following parts:
- a nozzle is used to convert potential energy into kinetic energy. Thanks to this physical transformation, a large flow of water can be made;
- a camera that accumulates water in itself;
- a chamber for mixing and converting energies into one;
- a diffuser for redirecting kinetic energy into potential energy.
How to Choose a Contractor?
The installation of a submersible sewage pump is a complex process that requires time and experience to perform the work. Pom Group Hydroisolation offers you professional advice that will help you choose the right candidate:
Ask your friends and acquaintances. If none of them installed such a mechanism, ask your contractor. He must know qualified craftsmen who perform quality work on time and pay taxes regularly.
2. The interview
Be sure to talk to each candidate and ask the right questions. Trust your intuition, it won’t let you down! The questions can be:
- Do they do submersible sewage pump installation?
- Ready to show financial statements or bank statements?
- How long have they been doing this?
- How many sewage pump system installations do you have on your account?
- Can you share the contacts of previous clients?
Answers are very important. They will help you choose a reliable person.
3. Personal meeting
At your discretion, if you want to personally talk with the candidate live. This information will allow you not to make a mistake with your choice.
4. Previous clients
It is important to talk to previous clients. Assess their level of job satisfaction. Ask what you didn’t like. Which nuances arose during the work.
5. Plan carefully
Make it clear exactly what you want to see in the result. That’s how you’ll know if you’re on track.
6. Negotiate the payment
Offer your working conditions. When choosing a worker for sewage pump setup, discuss what models of the device he has dealt with before, and the manufacturers. After that, discuss the payment clears. Prepayment is also discussed in a personal conversation.
7. Do not focus on the price
The best guide is the recommendations of previous customers. The price offered by the worker cannot always match the quality of it. However, if you are on a tight budget, the price should also be considered.
You know how ignoring the need to install a pump can turn out in the future. If you are in doubt, it’s better to ask someone who understands all about it or has a similar installation experience. If you have additional questions, you can ask Pom Group Waterproofing specialists. We will be happy to help you solve your problem.